The Babs Siperstein PROUD Center is pleased to welcome back our patients for in-person visits. We have taken the following precautions to ensure your safety:
- Appointments are scheduled so that only one patient is in the center at any time.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you will be asked to call the office from your car. We will ask you a few questions as part of our COVID-19 screening and will confirm your registration information. We will ask you to wait in your car until we call you to come inside for your appointment.
- When entering the building, your temperature will be taken and you will be given a surgical mask to wear. All of our staff also wear a mask at all times.
- You will be taken directly to an exam room where you will use an electronic tablet to finalize your registration and make payment. For your safety, the tablet is disinfected after each use. Cash payments can be made after your visit is complete.
- After your appointment, you will be brought to the waiting area where you will speak to the receptionist (behind the glass partition) to schedule your next appointment.
- Continual cleaning is conducted in the exam rooms and all public areas, including exam tables, chairs, countertops and door handles, to help keep everyone healthy and safe.
Babs Siperstein PROUD Center at RWJ Somerset
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset is the first hospital in New Jersey to offer specialized primary care services for the LGBTQIA community at PROUD Family Health. We are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment where you can get the medical care you need at all stages of your life.
PROUD Family Health opened in January 2017 as part of Somerset Family Practice on the RWJUH Somerset campus. The goal was to provide health services to the LGBTQIA community in an evidence-based, culturally-competent manner.
Over the first 2 years, there has been an exciting growth of PROUD Family Health, with patient volumes expanding rapidly. To continue to meet the needs of our patients, PROUD Family Health moved in January 2019 to a new space. PROUD Family Health will be open 5 days a week with day and evening hours.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive Primary
- HIV prevention: pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Hormone therapy and monitoring
- Annual wellness exams
- Same-day sick visits
- Chronic illness management
- Referrals for specialty services, such as behavioral health services
- Health education and counseling
- Support groups
Pronouns Matter: Jesiah’s Story
Jesiah Kinsey’s gender transition has been a life-changing experience. It’s also been a long and complicated journey for the Franklin Park resident who began hormone therapy in 2016. Because there were no health centers nearby in New Jersey that catered to the needs of transgender patients, Jesiah traveled by subway to a New York City center that did.
PROUD Family Health Brochure
PROUD Family Health is located on the campus of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset, offering patients access to our comprehensive health care services such as laboratory, radiology, cardiology, emergency, oncology, and rehabilitative services, and an on-site Walgreen’s pharmacy.
As part of RWJBarnabas Health, our patients also have access to a wide range of specialists and services offered through our network of 11 hospitals, including gender confirming surgery.