It’s not you, it’s the 600 different ingredients designed to keep you hooked on tobacco. Nicotine dependence is a medical condition. We’ll help you treat it that way.
RWJBarnabas Health Institute for Prevention and Recovery (IFPR) Quit Center is a resource for those thinking of quitting tobacco or nicotine products. If you or a loved one is struggling with tobacco addiction, our Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialists (CTTS) are available to help you quit.
Our Quit Center will help you establish a realistic quit date and your Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist will provide multiple pathways and support during your quit experience. Evidence based treatment is provided using individual and/or group sessions as well as free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). Our specialists serve all ages
The Institute for Prevention and Recovery’s nicotine and tobacco recovery services will help:
- Establish a realistic quit date and provide support and guidance throughout each individual’s quit experience.
- Provide information and individualized recommendations on the utilization of prescription and non-prescription smoking medication.
- Connect individuals with one-on-one or group sessions that accommodate their schedule.
- Identify effective tools to reduce withdrawal symptoms.
- Understand the impact of e-cigarettes, electronic nicotine delivery systems and vaping.
- Offer informational presentations in the community or workplaces about how staff and others can utilize our services.
* Funded by the New Jersey Department of Health Office of Tobacco Free, Nutrition, and Fitness.