It beats for your husband or wife, your children and grandchildren. It beats for your brothers and sisters, your friends and lovers. It beats for everyone who cares deeply about you. And to those of whom your love runs just as deep. So please, get your heart checked. For them. For you.
Our Cardiac Services
Our Heart Centers provide every option for cardiac patients of all ages, including:
- Cardiac imaging and diagnostic testing
- Cardiac catheterization solutions, including stenting & angioplasty
- Arrhythmia treatments, including pacemakers, ablations & defibrillators
- Heart surgery, including cardiothoracic surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, and robotic procedures
- Vascular care
- Advanced heart failure treatment and heart transplant, including mechanical assist devices and ventricular assist devices
- Adult congenital heart disease treatment
- Pediatric cardiology at our Children’s Heart Centers
- Medicare-certified transplants, with some of the shortest wait times in the region
- Comprehensive atrial fibrillation program (Afib)
- Cardiac clinical trials
- Cardiac rehabilitation and home care
- Health & integrative cardiac wellness
Hope. Health. Hearts. All transplanted here.
RWJBarnabas Health has one of the three largest heart transplant programs
in the nation.
Learn more about our transplant programs.
Innovative valve replacement surgery. Because you can’t be replaced.
RWJBarnabas Health performs more Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacements
(TAVR) than any other health system in the state.
Learn more about TAVR.
New Jersey’s Largest Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Program
Children’s Heart Center at the Children’s Hospital of New Jersey.
Learn more about our Children's Heart Center.
Our Heart Specialists
RWJBarnabas Health gives you access to hundreds of New Jersey’s top cardiologists. Some of the best cardiac surgeons in America deliver results that are only rivaled by the best cardiac centers in the world, right here in New Jersey. Our expert team of nationally known cardiac specialists are skilled in all aspects of heart care: these cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons evaluate and develop individualized treatment plans that employ best medical practices for the highest quality care. Our world-class surgeons provide expertise in all facets of surgery such as off-pump coronary bypass grafting, complex valvular surgery, including the latest minimally-invasive and robotic approaches, and heart transplant. Optimal patient care and comfort are provided by dedicated teams of nurses, technicians, pharmacists, and staff specifically trained to care for cardiac patients.
Tom Piccoli: Looking Towards the Future after Shocking Heart Attack
Tom Zakar: Quick Response to Eye-Opening Heart Attack
John Dziedic: Helping Others on the Road to Heart Recovery
Barbara Schempp: A Heart Transplant Gives New Hope
Tanisha and Omari Anderson: Life-saving surgery on a tiny heart
Ronald Gray: Cardiac Rehab Paves Road to Recovery
More patient stories
Send An eCard To Someone You Love
During heart month, remind a loved one to get their heart checked.
Upcoming Community Events
We offer hundreds of wellness and prevention programs designed to keep your heart healthy!