Let's Beat Cancer Together
During this unprecedented time, our cancer centers and hospitals have implemented numerous safeguards and taken extra precautions to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff while we continue to provide the most advanced cancer care. Many of our physicians offer both in-person appointments as well as telemedicine visits.
As New Jersey’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey together with RWJBarnabas Health provides patients access to the most advanced treatment options including complex surgical procedures, sophisticated radiation therapy techniques, innovative clinical trials, immunotherapy, and precision medicine. Our facilities also provide important cancer screenings including mammograms, colonoscopies, and lung cancer screenings.
Our multidisciplinary team of oncologists, nurses, and oncology support professionals ensure a compassionate, comprehensive and personalized approach to diagnosing and treating all types of cancer for both adults and children. Patients are provided with an oncology nurse navigator to coordinate care, answer questions, provide guidance, and serve as an important member of their care team.
Creating a Safe Environment for our Oncology Patients & Staff
As the risks of COVID-19 become better understood, it is important for us to continue to provide the highest level of cancer care that you deserve. Our cancer centers and hospitals have implemented numerous safeguards to protect your health and safety during this unprecedented time.
Safeguards in place include:
- Adherence to the guidance and established criteria of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the American Hospital Association, leading national associations of nurses, surgeons and anesthesiologists, and the New Jersey Department of Health.
- Staff vigilance regarding the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) with all patients.
- Stringent cleaning and disinfection throughout our facilities and in all rooms, including equipment and surfaces, frequently and between patients.
- Active screening for symptoms of team members, patients and visitors (when permitted).
- Requiring everyone who enters a facility to wear a mask or face covering, per CDC universal masking guidelines and our RWJBarnabas Health mask policy.
- Continued restriction of visitors.
- Social and physical distancing measures for all people in our facilities – in all employee and patient areas – such as minimizing time in waiting areas, spacing chairs at least six feet apart, marking floors with tape at proper intervals and maintaining low patient flow so as not to cause crowding.
- Strict hand hygiene and availability of hand sanitizer in all employee and patient areas.
Cancers We Treat
At our facilities across New Jersey, physicians provide the most individualized course of care with access to the comprehensive array of advanced cancer technologies and treatments including:
- Proton Therapy
- Gamma Knife
- Tomo Therapy
- Minimally Invavsive and Robotic Surgery
- Clinical Trials
- Precision Medicine
- Blood and Marrow Transplant
- CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Complex Surgical Oncology Procedures
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC)
More patient stories
Cancer Service Center Locations
Pediatric Cancer Service Center Locations
The Bristol-Myers Squibb Children's Hospital at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick
The Valerie Fund Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at The Unterberg Children’s Hospital at Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch
The Valerie Fund Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children’s Hospital of New Jersey, Newark